Today I am sharing with you a tasty, and super soft Tomato and Cheese Pizza Bread that uses a delicious vegan cheese from Simple Vegan Blog. This bread has a gorgeous fluffy texture, is completely vegan, and just everything you could ever want from a piece of loaf.
This recipe requires nine ingredients and a bit over an hour and a half of your time.
The base of this bread is a basic oat bread, which consists of water, wild yeast, sugar, salt, oats, white flour and a little bit of vegetable oil. This is pretty much the bread dough I make whenever I feel like having white bread. What keeps me coming back to this bread is the simplicity in the baking process as well as in the taste. This bread has that perfectly simple, but at the same time so satisfying flavor – you just can’t help but to take another slice, and another slice, and another… You know where I am going with this one.
What this bread here has above the basic bread dough, is tomato, cheese and pizza seasoning – which is oregano and basil. I mean what more could you even ask for?
Tomato And Cheese Pizza Bread
This recipe makes two 26cm x 12cm x 7cm sized loafs
- 2 cup water
- 50 grams of wild yeast
- 2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3+ cup white flour
- 1/5 cup
- 1-1,5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning (or 1/2 tbsp oregano and 1/2 basil seasoning)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (you can also buy any firm vegan cheese and use that)
- 1 medium/large tomato
- Measure 2 cups of hand temperature water into a bowl. Dissolve the yeast to the water. Add the sugar and the oats. Leave the mixture to a warm place for 20 minutes with a kitchen cloth on top of the bowl.
- When the mixture is slightly bubbling, add the salt and the pizza seasoning, then add 3 cups of white flour in sections and ail the dough. Add the oil towards the end of the ailing of the dough.
- Chop the tomatoes and put them on top of a paper towel for few seconds, just to quickly soak some of the moisture out. Ail the tomatoes into the dough. Add more flour with the texture of the dough seems to need that.
- Pour some white flower on a table and roll the dough out a little bit. When you have a panel of dough spread the vegan cheese on top.
- Roll the dough as a roll and cut into two pieces. Place the pieces into two separate pans lined with baking paper. Using the bread pans is not necessary. (And this step is not necessary if you are just making a one big loaf of bread. Be aware that this effects the baking time slightly.)
- Preheat the oven to 440F° or 225C°.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool down a little bit, and you are ready to enjoy a slice!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Be sure to leave a comment if you make this beautiful bread! You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest @emilylainpelto!