I think I have developed a bit of a thing for noodles. Which is a no-brainer since I am a twenty-year-old university student. Anyhow, I have managed to grow out of that ‘just making noodles with the tiny flavoring package that comes with and eating them as they are’ -stage. Now I am pretty sure I have hopped on to the ‘making noodles with a little extra goodness’ -stage.
This Tofu Ramen Noodle Stir Fry With Veggies is super quick, simple, made out of ingredients that can be found easily, and a staple dish in my household. Honesty, I make this at least once every fourth night. The taste is absolutely delicious, and has a tiny kick to it thanks to cayenne pepper.
This kick-ass stir fry recipe requires 15 ingredients, from which most are spices, and tops 20 minutes. The making process is really simple. Just boil the ramen noodles, chop all the veggies and the tofu, fry them on a pan, and you are good to go!
Ramen Noodle Tofu Stir Fry With Veggies
- 375 grams of unseasoned ramen noodle
- 125 grams of tofu
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 300 grams of cabbage
- 1 big onion
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- little bit of vegetable oil for the pan
- Boil water in a sauce pan. Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, the vegetable stock cube, 2 tsp of onion powder, 2 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp ginger into the water. Add ramen noodles. Cook the ramen according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat up a pan. Chop the tofu and place on the pan with some vegetable oil. Add the rest of the soy sauce to the pan. Whilst the tofu is browning up, chop the onion and cabbage and add them to the pan. Add rest of the seasonings, meaning 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp tumeric and between 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper depending on how hot do you want your stir fry to be.
- Chop the bell pepper and the tomatoes, and add them to the pan as well.
- Leave to cook on the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, whilst string every few minutes.
- Add noodles and mix.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy! If you want to toss something fresh on the plate, I find that cucumber on top of the cooked stir fry works quite nicely!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and are having a nice week! You can find on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest @emilylainpelto.