This week has included quite a lot of school work and running around for me. The obvious response to that are quick and easy meals. Therefore, I am sharing my recipe for this super simple, delicious, and creamy tomato pasta that honestly will not take up too much of your time!
This recipe only requires 10 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. Hope you enjoy!
I am quite big on consuming any kind of pasta. I find basic pasta recipes really helpful when I have no idea of what should I eat for the next few days. And this recipe here is definitely a savior of those days.
This appetizing tomato pasta here is a prime example of a dish that can be easily made, but also easily altered. In the past I have made this pasta by itself, with chickpeas and with beans. This pasta dish is just so simple – but so good – that kind of anything and everything go nicely with it. So, chuck in whatever floats your boat to make this recipe suit your taste!
I almost feel silly shearing such a simple recipe, but hey aren’t those the best kind?
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 500 g pasta
- 1 big onion, 2 if small
- 3 medium/large tomatoes
- 2 dl (a bit short of a cup) plant-based cream
- 70 g tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube induced to 2,5 dl or 1 cup of water, or 2,5dl /1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 lemons juice
- 1 tps salt
- 2 tps onion flakes
- Boil water in a saucepan for the pasta. When the water starts to reach its boiling point, add the pasta. You can add a tiny bit of salt to the water if want to. Cook the pasta by it’s instructions.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes into large pieces.
- Put the onion into a pan and cook on a medium to high heat until soft and has a nice golden color. If you do not have a nonstick pan, pour a few drops of vegetable oil to the pan to prevent the onion from sticking to the it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and let cook for a tiny while so that the tomatoes soften and take some color the them.
- Add the plant-based cream, the vegetable stock and the puree and mix until smooth. Let the mixture heat up and add the lemon juice alongside with salt and onion flakes. Be careful not to use too much lemon. It can make the sauce quite sour, quite fast. Taste and add more seasoning to your own taste if necessary.
- Rinse the pasta
- Add the pasta to the pan with the tomato sauce, or move everything into a speared bowl, and mix together.
- If you will, add some sort of garnish on top of the pasta.
- Serve an Enjoy!
Be sure to let me know your thoughts if you make this by leaving a comment!